Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Some Bad Times

So sorry for the lack of post but my wife's grandfather passed last weds. We had to do a quick fly out to Bay City Texas for the funeral. I have to say I have been extremely lucky. I have only been to 3 funerals in my whole life. Everyone of them was totally suck ass. 

Jon was a true man and as tough as they come. Fought in the Korean war and then came home and started a family. 3 sons and a daughter later they have a huge family and coming from a small family it always amazes me to go and visit. Even after being married to Amy 10 years I still meet new family members. I hope I raise my family up in the fashion he did. All his kids are solid individuals and I married the cream of the crop out of that family.  When his health was better I would hang out in his shop and tinker on lawnmowers with him. So I feel like I got to spend some quality time with him. I went and poked around his work shop while I was down there and said a little goodbye to the man everyone called Bunt. So here is to Jon and all the Texas family that will miss him dearly.  And yes, he did wear Dickies coveralls just about every day.

1 comment: