Saturday, May 18, 2013

Top 5 Saturday

This is how my brain works. 
Falling asleep I am thinking about motorcycles.
Dream about motorcycles and or redheaded girls and motorcycles.
Wake up and look outside to see if I can ride my motorcycle.
Decide which bike I am going to ride that day. It is usually the one with gas.
Time travel at work and think about working on bikes that evening.
Get to the shop and work on motorbikes. 
Ride home and do my family duties, eat, shower and start over.
All these steps are done while listening to music. 

Doesn't sound like much of a life but for me this is what I have to work with at the moment. In the future I would like to add:
Went skateboarding for an hour.
Got ready for a road trip. Rode my bike just for fun hundreds of miles today.
Money fell out of my ass. 
Went camping and woke up to the wide open sky and the smell of a half burnt out camp fire.

 Top 5 Saturday
Number 1. Shovel head has been running great and I am getting all the little bits dialed in. Found my brand new petcock would not shut off so I replaced that this week and then dialed in the brake for the last time hopefully.

Number 2. 10 days till I move into the new digs. Fucking crazy around here and I am getting very behind at the shop. Truck is almost ready for paint and the Norton is almost ready to get blown apart for paint and such. 

Number 3. For the first time in a long time I would have to say I am real happy with my bikes. Both are done and look proper as well as run proper.  May be tempting the gods but I am feeling like I don't need any other bikes right now. I loved only having one but two is good as well. Jockey shift or foot shift. 100 miles per tank or 50. Making choices is fun.

Number 4. Listening to Graveyard . Got hooked up with there other records and let me just say how great this band is.Almost has a Black Sabbath feel if you mixed it with The Kinks or something like that. Riffs for days and the vocals are perfect. Great music to drill holes to. 

Number 5. Swap meet tomorrow. I love that we have a motorcycle swap every month. It is the best feeling in the world to wake up early and hit the road. I usually drive out because I end up buying all kinds of shit every time I go. Always end up getting little brackets or pegs stuff I use a lot of at the shop. Brake parts and gas tanks are always a most. I get to see all my swap meet friends and be a little bit social which for me is rare. 



No comments:

Post a Comment